Alunos EWF
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Ir para baixo
Admin
Admin
https://talktoewf.forumeiros.com

Chapters 5, 6 and 7 Empty Chapters 5, 6 and 7

Qua Jan 31, 2024 3:35 pm
Let's finish exploring the first law!

Do you guys agree that self-control is a short-term strategy, not a long-term one? Also, when you read that motivation is overrated what was the first thing that came to your mind? Chapters 5, 6 and 7 1f440

You have until Feb 16 to enter your comments here.
andrefreitasf

Chapters 5, 6 and 7 Empty Re: Chapters 5, 6 and 7

Seg Fev 19, 2024 11:52 am
This environment and exposure question works perfectly. We are the average of 5 people that is around us, therefore, we should  be always arounded with the same mentality/mindset people and consequently, can have a positive impact on our good habits and environment. About the exposure, it's a good way to avoid the bad habits. Everytime that I made invisible my cue for bad habits, for example: put the phone on airplane mode to study, set up my bag to go work out, make some food for the week... I can notice that my chances of not executing some tasks, fell down drastically. For the simple fact to don't have a cue for the bad habits. ""Make the cues of your good habits obvious and the cues of your bad habits invisible.""

I believe the motivation is super important, we need to have one motive to execute one action. There are not possible do something without have seen the "why that" and the reward. We can see that in the necessary laws to create one habit:

"The 1st law (Cue): Make it obvious.
The 2nd law (Craving): Make it attractive.
The 3rd law (Response): Make it easy.
The 4th law (Reward): Make it satisfying."

Admin gosta desta mensagem

joao.victor.carvalho

Sáb Mar 02, 2024 12:55 am
First of all I enjoyed when the author emphasizes that consistency is more important than intensity, because in my opinion this is what may cause more issues when someone wants to change or construct a new habit. About how the environment affects a behavior, was showed that have a significant impact to suport ours changes and our evolution. The concept of self-control was introduced and how it influences habit formation, making them more consistents.
This three chapters provide valuable insights into the foundational principles of habit formation, emphasizing the importance of starting small, optimizing the environment, and mastering self-control to build consistents habits.

isaa_mutarelli

Sáb Mar 02, 2024 10:09 am
Yes, many experts in habit formation argue that self-control is a short-term strategy and not a reliable long-term solution. While self-control can be helpful in certain situations, relying solely on willpower to maintain habits often leads to burnout and inconsistency. So that’s why Clear demonstrates, through fundamental strategies, how to build lasting and effective habits, like as transforming habits into something more attractive by associating them with something pleasurable, or the importance that these habits need to be easy to carry out on a daily basis so as not to generate an environment conducive to giving up, or even when he emphasizes the importance of small rewards.

Conteúdo patrocinado

Ir para o topo
Permissões neste sub-fórum
Não podes responder a tópicos